Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Book Year!


Happy New Year! This is one of my favorite times a year; fat with promise, with hopes and dreams and goals...and fat with BOOKS!

SO MANY good books coming out in the next few months! I've asked the Inkies to help me get my TBR list all nice and corpulent and oozing with stories I can't wait to read. So here goes (I'll start):

In case you missed it, the first book on my list was featured last week on the Inkpot: PROPHECY, by our own super-awesome Ellen Oh. Go read the interview, and then go buy the book!

It's a good thing my signed copy of PROPHECY is winging its way to me right now, because all the other books on my list are SO FAR AWAY. *cries* I fell in love with TYGER TYGER a hundred years ago and have been waiting impatiently for the completion of the series ever since. Only five months to go for the release of WHEN THE STARS THREW DOWN THEIR SPEARS!

Another one that's even FURTHER away *shakes fist* is the second book in Sarah Rees Brennan's unassailable gothic trilogy, UNTOLD (UNSPOKENthe first book, is made of so much awesome it hurts my brain...it hurts it and then my brain is like THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU MORE PLEASE)(and, thanks, Masters of the Book-Release Universe, that's the only semi-coherent link I can find because it doesn't come out until SEPTEMBER)

GRR. Let's move on to what everyone else is looking forward to. I need to be cheered up.

Lisa Amowitz:

Well, mine for starters!

BREAKING GLASS comes out in July 2013 from Spencer Hill Press and I may have another one to sneak in, but that's still up in the air..

But I am also seriously looking forward to the next installment in Laini Taylor's DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE trilogy, PRODIGY from Marie Liu (that's not out yet, is it?) THE GATHERING DARK, by my good friend Christine Johnson, and the next installment of Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Boy series. And anything that John Green puts out--as they say--I will read his grocery list. :)

Just started Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy (SHADOW AND BONE) and I LOVE IT--also loving Will's GOBLIN SECRETS--too much to read!!! Not enough time!!!


TRUTH. Looking forward to more Grishas and Ravens, myself.

More delicious books under the jump!



Will Alexander:

What books am I looking forward to? Um... This requires a more sophisticated knowledge of future events than I've got at the moment. Holly Black's DOLL BONES looks very tasty. That comes out next year, doesn't it? Yes. March. Oh, and my GHOULISH SONG also comes out in March. And... lots of other titles will occur to me any second now. I plead Holiday Brain. Happy holiday brains, everyone!





Lena Coakley:

Because I loved The Near Witch, the book I'm most looking forward to in the new year is THE ARCHIVED by Victoria Schwab. And because I can never get enough fairy tales, MY NAME IS RAPUNZEL by KC Hilton and STRANDS OF BRONZE AND GOLD by Jane Nickerson (a retelling of the Bluebeard fairy tale) both sound very intriguing.

Plus, of course, all the wonderful books that my fellow Inkies will be launching into the world in the coming year.

Happy 2013, everybody!


Keely Parrack:

I also can't wait to pry GOBLIN SECRETS from my 12 year old, and I have DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT on my to-read pile along with SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard, and I'd love to read BREAKING GLASS. I've also just unwrapped a late present, a historic fantasy by Jeanette Winterson - THE DAYLIGHT GATE, which sounds pretty epic - all about the Pendle witches!

But that's all after I finish reading SPLENDORS AND GLOOMS and BRING UP THE BODIES.

Hope you've all had a magical holiday season!


Ellen Booraem:











I'm holding my breath for DARK TRIUMPH, the second book in the His Fair Assassin series by our own Robin LaFevers. (I gobbled the first book, GRAVE MERCY, about a month ago. Glad I waited, because now there's less time to wait for the next one!) Like Lisa, I'm also waiting for the next Laini Taylor book, so I guess I'm in the mood for kick-butt heroines. There's also a new Neil Gaiman coming, although it's not classified as YA. Also I might just mention my own TEXTING THE UNDERWORLD, coming in August.


Erin Cashman:

I also can't wait for DARK TRIUMPH - I just finished GRAVE MERCY and couldn't put it down! I also can't wait for the sequel to THE FALSE PRINCE -- THE RUNAWAY KING by our own Jen Nielsen. My son and I both loved TFP! TEXTING THE UNDERWORLD sounds intriguing too. Also looking forward to reading more Inkie books!













Jennifer Nielson:

I'm definitely going to be watching for DARK TRIUMPH by the fabulous RL LaFevers. Lisa McMann also releases a new series in January beginning with CRASH that looks fantastic. And I'll definitely be checking out our own Anne Nesbet's BOX OF GARGOYLES! From what I can tell, 2013 is going to be a fabulous year for books!


Okay, that worked. I'm all cheered up, now that I have even more books to shove into my never-satisfied brain (especially the retellings!). 

What about you? What books are you foaming at the mouth to snag copies of? Any interviews you'd love to see at the Inkpot? Please let us know in the comments!

And again, happy new year!

4 comments:

  1. It would also be nice if the year came with a few extra days in which to read all the great books coming out! One I forgot to mention in my own recent post on the subject is Watcher in the Shadows, by Chris Moriarty, the sequel to the truly excellent The Inquisitor's Apprentice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for Dark Triumph and The Runaway King and Crash. And a ton more if I thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the thinking that's hard. :) Good thing we're in this together; many minds make for many book recs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it? Or if perhaps one day a week could be designated as a Shhhh...We're Reading day...that would make the world a happier place, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say...